DCTP Farm List
!! News!! DCTP Advisory Board Update for 2023
We would like to thank you for your support and participation in the Delaware Certified Thoroughbred Program over the last 20 years. We have seen this program grow and flourish throughout the years. To date it has paid out over $18 million in bonuses for DCTP eligible horses that raced at Delaware Park. For the first time since the inception of the program, we have realized that we need to increase the application fees beginning January 1, 2023.
We appreciate your ongoing loyalty to the program and wish you continued success.
The new fees will be $100 for weanlings and $200 for yearlings.
- Continued 25% bonus for Owner and 25% for Certifier for 2023
- All Delaware Certified horses will be paid from 1st to 3rd place
- 4 Delaware Certified Races – $100,000
- 6 additional Delaware Certified Races – $50,000 see condition book for more details
- Increase the open Stakes Cap from $7,500 to $10,000
- A $50,000 purse bonus will be added to the DTHA Governors Day Race and the George Rosenberger Memorial for Delaware Certified eligible horses that run and finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. ( Purse total will be $150,000 for DCTP horses.)
DCTP Purpose: The Delaware Certified Thoroughbred Program was created in 2002 to enhance racing in Delaware through the use of bonus money that comes from several sources. This program was proudly sponsored by the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association. With the current bonus of 50% to 1st, through 3rd placed runners, this enables horses who are Delaware Certified to run for more money and compete with the surrounding area breeders programs. In addition the program promotes registered farms in Delaware to continue and grow and maintain green space in this state.
DCTP Eligibility: Weanlings or yearling must start residency on a DCTP certified farm(Click button below) before December 31st of it’s yearling year and must stay on DCTP farm for 90 days. This enables this horse to be eligible for purse bonuses when they run at Delaware Park.
DCTP Contact Information
Vincent Moscarelli – DCTP Administrator
DCTP – 777 Delaware Park Blvd, Wilmington, DE 19804
Phone # 302-993-8986
Fax # 302-994-3392