The Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association
The Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the improvement of Thoroughbred racing in Delaware.
The Association and its Board of Directors represent you, the horsemen, both owners and trainers, on a wide range of programs including the following:
- Promoting live Thoroughbred racing.
- Advocating horsemen’s interests with the Delaware Racing Commission, Delaware Legislature and Delaware Park management.
- Working for the improvement of training facilities and living conditions of the horsemen, their employees, and backstretch personnel.
- Supporting an on-track Wellness Clinic, with medical services for the backstretch.
- Sponsoring the annual Owners Day celebration.
- Providing social and recreational programs at Delaware Park.
- Offering re-cycled clothing free of charge to any Delaware Park licensee at the “Backstretch Boutique”.
- Keeping Delaware Park owners and trainers informed through the DTHA website.
- Staffing the Horsemen’s Office to provide a wide array of services, six days a week.
- Supporting the Delaware Certified Thoroughbred Program (DCTP).