Barn Area Information
Stable Area Rules
- No vehicle is permitted to be parked or driven under any barn, on any grass portion of Delaware Park property, or obstruct any fire hydrant or sprinkler riser shed.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere within the confines of a barn, horses shelter, shedrow , bunkrooms and/or bunkhouses or in posted “NO SMOKING” area.
- No open flame devices – matches, lighters, charcoal, candles, etc.
- No hay, straw or alfalfa stored in Tack Rooms.
- Golf carts will be electrical type only, gas golf carts are prohibited.
- The stacking of hay and straw will be limited to within (3) three feet of any electrical panel, box receptacle or fixture.
- All trash receptacles must be kept at least (10) ten feet away from any barn or shedrow. Trash receptacles are not permitted within the confines of any tack room, barn or shedrow.
- Extension Cords – it is illegal to use household extension cords in the stable area. All extension cords must be “UL” rated heavy duty (3) grounded type.
- The use of oat cookers must be used with a fireproof container.
- A deposit of $250 for Bunkhouse Room and $20 for Room Key will be required by the trainer. Deposit will be returned after room has passes inspection by Stall Office personnel. The cost of any replacement of property will be deducted from the deposit.
- No Owner, Trainer or Jockey will be allowed to occupy a bunkhouse.
- Bunkhouses are subject to inspection at any time.
- The following appliances and items are prohibited for use in all bunkhouses:
- No Washers, Dryers, Oat Cookers, Electrical Hot Plates, Toasters, Stoves, Ovens, Frying Pans Crock Pots, Coffee Pots, Gas/Charcoal Grills or any other cooking device with the exception of Microwave Ovens in proper working condition.
- No portable heaters, gasoline, kerosene, electrical, propane or any other type of heating devices.
- No lawnmowers or weed eaters.
- No heat lamps or any light bulb over 60 watts.
- No multiple electric outlet plugs or adapters.
- No candles or other open flames.
- No children permitted in bunkhouse rooms overnight.
- No locks other than those issued by Delaware Park are permitted.